Grieving families will often be unaware of the many estate responsibilities which will require their attention following the funeral of a loved one. That's why we at the Malcolm, Deavitt & Binhammer Funeral Home are here to help.
For most of us, there will never be a day quite like the one following the funeral of a loved one. Energy spent in preparing for the funeral gives way to profound weariness. With fewer distractions, the reality of loss seeps into places we may not have even known existed.
People around us ease back into their routine. It's hard to imagine how anyone could think clearly or even care about the many things that need to be taken care of following a loved one's funeral.
That's why we continue to assist our community with our AFTER CARE Program
We offer After Care because we know it makes a difference to the families who have entrusted us to help them in their time of loss and from the losses we have experienced within our own families.
Our Funeral Directors will help you begin the healing process by providing valuable ‘hands-on’ assistance with many of the tasks (large and small) that must be dealt withsuch as:
- Notifying the Income Security Program
- Returning Social Insurance Cards
- Returning Health Cards
- Help determine CPP eligibility for deceased and survivors
- Completing CPP - Death Benefit Applications
- Completing CPP - Survivors Pension Applications
- Certifying documentation such as your Marriage Certificate
- Returning Passports
- Offer education and assistance with prearranging of the survivors funeral arrangements